The investment seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation and moderate current income. The fund invests 60% to 70% of its assets in dividend-paying and, to a lesser extent, non-dividend-paying common stocks of established large companies. The remaining 30% to 40% of the fund's assets are invested mainly in fixed income securities that the advisor believes will generate a moderate level of current income. These securities include investment-grade corporate bonds, with some exposure to U.S. Treasury and government agency bonds, and mortgage-backed securities.
|Gross Expense Ratiof1 (%)||0.16|
|Net Expense Ratiof1 (%)||0.16|
|Fund Total Net Assets ($M)||97,015.48|
|Management Company||Wellington Management Company LLP|
|Portfolio Managers||Daniel J. Pozen
Loren L. Moran
|Management Company Contact||800-662-7447|
|Blackout Holding Period (Days)||30|
|Blackout Minimum Amount ($)||0.00|
% of Assets
|Alphabet Inc Class A||3.51|
|Charles Schwab Corp||2.60|
|Meta Platforms Inc Class A||1.85|
|Procter & Gamble Co||1.56|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||1.51|
|YTD||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since
|Vanguard Wellington Fund||-16.09||-9.19||6.30||7.23||8.83||--|
|S&P 500 Indexi47||-19.96||-10.62||10.60||11.31||12.96||--|
|Allocation--50% to 70% Equityb26||-14.43||-11.07||4.54||5.29||6.69||--|
|Performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Due to market volatility, current performance may be less or higher than the figures shown. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that upon redemption, shares may be worth more or less than their original cost. Performance data does not reflect deduction of redemption fee, which, if such fee exists, would lower performance. For current to the most recent month-end performance information, please log onto myplan.johnhancock.com or call a John Hancock representative at (800) 294-3575.|
|Long %||Short %||Net %|
Funds in allocation categories seek to provide both income and capital appreciation by primarily investing in multiple asset classes, including stocks, bonds, and cash. These moderate strategies seek to balance preservation of capital with appreciation. They typically expect volatility similar to a strategic equity exposure between 50% and 70%.
m1. For each fund with at least a three-year history, Morningstar calculates a Morningstar RatingTM based on a Morningstar Risk-Adjusted Return measure that accounts for variation in a fund's monthly performance(not including the effects of sales charges, loads, and redemption fees), placing more emphasis on downward variations and rewarding consistent performance. Exchange traded funds and open-ended mutual funds are considered a single population for comparative purposes. The top 10% of funds in each category receive five stars, then next 22.5% receive four stars, the middle 35% receive three stars, the next 22.5% receive two stars, and the bottom 10% receive one star. The Overall Morningstar RatingTM for a fund is derived from a weighted average of the performance figures associated with its three-, five- and 10-year (if applicable) Morningstar RatingTM metrics. The rating formula most heavily weights the three year rating, using the following calculation: 100% three-year rating for 36-59 months of total returns, 60% five-year rating/40% three-year rating for 60-119 months of total returns, and 50% 10-year rating/30% five-year rating/20% three-year rating for 120 or more months of total returns. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
|Turnover Ratio (%) (annualized)||35|
|Sharpe Ratiob54 (3y)||0.50|
|# of Stock Holdings||70|
|# of Bond Holdings||1246|
|Best 2-month Period||Mar. 09 - May. 09||18.21|
|Worst 2-month Period||Sep. 08 - Nov. 08||-20.32|
This investment has shown a relatively moderate range of price fluctuations in the past. For this reason, it currently lands in the middle third of all investments with records of at least three years. However, this investment may experience larger or smaller price declines or price increases depending on market conditions. To offset some of the investment's risk, investors may wish to own investments with different portfolio makeups or investment strategies.