The investment seeks to provide long-term growth of income and a high and sustainable level of current income, along with moderate long-term capital appreciation. The fund invests approximately 60% to 65% of its assets in investment-grade fixed income securities, including corporate, U.S. Treasury, and government agency bonds, as well as mortgage-backed securities. The remaining 35% to 40% of fund assets are invested in common stocks of companies that have a history of above-average dividends or expectations of increasing dividends.
|Gross Expense Ratiof1 (%)||0.16|
|Net Expense Ratiof1 (%)||0.16|
|Fund Total Net Assets ($M)||51,290.11|
|Management Company||Wellington Management Company LLP|
|Portfolio Managers||Loren L. Moran
Matthew C. Hand
|Management Company Contact||800-662-7447|
|Blackout Holding Period (Days)||30|
|Blackout Minimum Amount ($)||0.00|
% of Assets
|United States Treasury Bonds||1.69|
|Johnson & Johnson||1.40|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||1.28|
|Procter & Gamble Co||1.28|
|Cisco Systems Inc||1.20|
|The Home Depot Inc||1.07|
|YTD||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since
|Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund||-10.00||-7.02||3.74||4.90||6.05||--|
|Dow Jones U.S. Moderately Consi45||-13.11||-10.64||3.12||4.42||5.82||--|
|Allocation--30% to 50% Equityb5||-13.33||-11.20||2.13||3.22||4.57||--|
|Performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Due to market volatility, current performance may be less or higher than the figures shown. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that upon redemption, shares may be worth more or less than their original cost. Performance data does not reflect deduction of redemption fee, which, if such fee exists, would lower performance. For current to the most recent month-end performance information, please log onto myplan.johnhancock.com or call a John Hancock representative at (800) 294-3575.|
|Long %||Short %||Net %|
Funds in allocation categories seek to provide both income and capital appreciation by primarily investing in multiple asset classes, including stocks, bonds, and cash. These moderately conservative strategies prioritize preservation of capital over appreciation. They typically expect volatility similar to a strategic equity exposure between 30% and 50%.
m1. For each fund with at least a three-year history, Morningstar calculates a Morningstar RatingTM based on a Morningstar Risk-Adjusted Return measure that accounts for variation in a fund's monthly performance(not including the effects of sales charges, loads, and redemption fees), placing more emphasis on downward variations and rewarding consistent performance. Exchange traded funds and open-ended mutual funds are considered a single population for comparative purposes. The top 10% of funds in each category receive five stars, then next 22.5% receive four stars, the middle 35% receive three stars, the next 22.5% receive two stars, and the bottom 10% receive one star. The Overall Morningstar RatingTM for a fund is derived from a weighted average of the performance figures associated with its three-, five- and 10-year (if applicable) Morningstar RatingTM metrics. The rating formula most heavily weights the three year rating, using the following calculation: 100% three-year rating for 36-59 months of total returns, 60% five-year rating/40% three-year rating for 60-119 months of total returns, and 50% 10-year rating/30% five-year rating/20% three-year rating for 120 or more months of total returns. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
|Turnover Ratio (%) (annualized)||39|
|Sharpe Ratiob54 (3y)||0.41|
|# of Stock Holdings||62|
|# of Bond Holdings||1381|
|Best 2-month Period||May. 09 - Jul. 09||11.77|
|Worst 2-month Period||Sep. 08 - Nov. 08||-10.07|
This investment has shown a relatively small range of price fluctuations in the past. Based on this measure, currently more than two thirds of all mutual funds with three-year histories have shown higher levels of risk.